UNIFI®, Makers of REPREVE®, Publishes New Sustainability Report - Company Aims to Transform 50 Billion Plastic Bottles by 2025
Report highlights progress against ESG considerations and alignment with Company strategy
“The publication of our third annual sustainability report is an important milestone for UNIFI’s ESG journey," said
The report details progress on UNIFI’s corporate and sustainability strategy organized under three pillars: people, planet, and product. Notable highlights include:
- Reiterated its commitment to divert 50 billion landfill-bound bottles by December of 2025
- Surpassed the goal of diverting 30 billion landfill-bound bottles by 5 billion – totaling more than 35 billion bottles successfully diverted to date
- Achieved a 19% reduction in carbon emissions per revenue dollar*
- Achieved a 14% reduction in the total pounds of waste produced per revenue dollar*
- Committed to new, innovative texturing technology with a benefit of 20% energy savings per pound of product produced
- Expanded certification abilities to deliver increased transparency and traceability to the product level
- Announced a commitment to expand innovative product offerings and circular processes on a global scale
UNIFI’s 2022 Sustainability Report builds upon the disclosures shared in fiscal 2021 and reaffirms the Company’s commitment to transparency. Except where otherwise noted, the Report has been guided by the GRI and SASB frameworks.
More information on UNIFI’s commitment to sustainable business practice and progress can be found in the full Report here.
*Production volume decreased from FY2021 to FY2022
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230222005049/en/